Merchant Account Services

Merchant Account Forums

Integrate the Authorize.Net Recurring Billing API with PHP
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Article Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2023 1:57 pm    Post subject: Integrate the Authorize.Net Recurring Billing API with PHP Reply with quote

This thread is here to discuss the article: [url=http://www.merchant-account-services.org/article/authorize-net-php-recurring-billing-api]Integrate the Authorize.Net Recurring Billing API with PHP[/url]

gkaplan
New Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2023 9:13 pm    Post subject: Recurring billing - subscription status? Reply with quote

I have been using Authorize.net for several years and use recurring billing. I integrated it with my website a while back. The one serious shortcoming that I have not found a solution to is determining the standing (or status) of any given membership. My website needs to be notified (other than via e-mail) that a credit card is no longer valid, so that it won't let a member into the site. Essentially, I need to integrate the authentication (or authorization) process with Auth.net's recurring billing, but there seems to be no way of just asking "is this account still good?"

Any hints or experience?

stymiee
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2023 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one downside to their ARB API: there is no automated way to handle subscriptions that are declined for any reason. One way to do it programmatically is have the emails sent from Authorize.Net sent to a PHP script. It then can parse the email and then suspend the account. It's not too difficult to do but isn't for the weak hearted, either.

danws6
New Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2023 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone messed with this before?

http://www.authorize.net/support/CNP/helpfiles/Account/Settings/Transaction_Format_Settings/Transaction_Response_Settings/Silent_Post_URL.htm

It looks like you can set a silent post url to get a response from the gateway if a transaction went through or not.

Unfortunately with my test account I can't login as a merchant to set this field to test it out.

My other problem then is if something happens and the notification never arrives I have no way of sending a call to the gateway to see if the transaction was successful or not. I guess in that case I'd have to log it to their merchant tools to manually verify payments (ugh).

stymiee
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2023 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="danws6"]Has anyone messed with this before?

http://www.authorize.net/support/CNP/helpfiles/Account/Settings/Transaction_Format_Settings/Transaction_Response_Settings/Silent_Post_URL.htm

It looks like you can set a silent post url to get a response from the gateway if a transaction went through or not.

Unfortunately with my test account I can't login as a merchant to set this field to test it out.

My other problem then is if something happens and the notification never arrives I have no way of sending a call to the gateway to see if the transaction was successful or not. I guess in that case I'd have to log it to their merchant tools to manually verify payments (ugh).[/quote]

I haven't heard of that feature before. Does it report the results of automated recurring billing transactions to a URL you specify?

mikeb
New Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2023 1:34 am    Post subject: How to integrate ARB into a simple php page? Reply with quote

I've been to the following page, http://www.merchant-account-services.org/article/authorize-net-php-recurring-billing-api

and have downloaded the source for php4.

Question Now that I have the source code, what do I do with it?

I guess its a silly question, but I have the sample code also and need to know how everything links together?

stymiee
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2023 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should go to [url=http://www.merchant-account-services.org/article/authorize-net-php-recurring-billing-api/7]page 7[/url] and use the code example there.

mikeb
New Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2023 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've copied the code on page 7 to a file and uploaded it via ftp.

But now I see, that isn't enough.

Question I'm sure I'm forgetting to link something. I'm wondering, What's my next step?

waghsandip29
New Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2023 1:24 am    Post subject: recurring billing information mail in php Reply with quote

hi

i m using authorized.nets recurring billing in my php application.

i want mail to be received for every transaction on my account.

how to set silent post url?

plz help me

sandeep

stymiee
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2023 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: recurring billing information mail in php Reply with quote

[quote="waghsandip29"]i want mail to be received for every transaction on my account.

how to set silent post url?
[/quote]

Just read this blog post, "[url=http://www.merchant-account-services.org/blog/handling-authorizenet-arb-subscription-failures/]Handling Authorize.Net ARB Subscription Failures[/url]". This can be used for all transactions, not just failed ones.

waghsandip29
New Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2023 7:15 am    Post subject: ARB Reply with quote

hi

i have implemented authorized.nets recurring billing in my php website.

the subscription is created properly.

i want to set now the response url, i.e the page which will be called by authorized.net on every payment of the subscription. on this page i will use the response received from authorized.net on this page.

i have my test account only on authorized.net and no secure account. i am not getting that where to set the url for the page which will be called on every payment from authorized.net.

plz help me. i am in the dire need of it.

waghsandip29
New Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2023 7:15 am    Post subject: ARB Reply with quote

hi

i have implemented authorized.nets recurring billing in my php website.

the subscription is created properly.

i want to set now the response url, i.e the page which will be called by authorized.net on every payment of the subscription. on this page i will use the response received from authorized.net on this page.

i have my test account only on authorized.net and no secure account. i am not getting that where to set the url for the page which will be called on every payment from authorized.net.

plz help me. i am in the dire need of it.

tcd12345
New Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2023 10:43 pm    Post subject: Parse Error Reply with quote

Hello,

I am getting the following error using "AuthnetARB.class.php4" doc:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting '(' in /home/yogamomm/public_html/arb-tst3/AuthnetARB.class.php4 on line 70

Any Ideas why? Let me know if i can provide any other details... Thank you!

stymiee
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2023 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Parse Error Reply with quote

[quote="tcd12345"]Hello,

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting '(' in /home/yogamomm/public_html/arb-tst3/AuthnetARB.class.php4 on line 70

Any Ideas why? Let me know if i can provide any other details... Thank you![/quote]

Post the line here and I'll take a look at it.

trent1234
New Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2023 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Parse Error Reply with quote

[quote="stymiee"][quote="tcd12345"]Hello,

Any Ideas why? Let me know if i can provide any other details... Thank you![/quote]

Post the line here and I'll take a look at it.[/quote]

Thanks, my line 70 is:

<name>" . self::LOGIN . "</name>
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Article Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: