Merchant Account Services

Merchant Account Forums

New Terminal Compliance with Visa/Mastercard?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

kumafa
New Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: New Terminal Compliance with Visa/Mastercard? Reply with quote

Hi,

We are a small business in CA and have a Hypercom T7P-T terminal. Recently we've heard from our merchant service that a terminal compliance issue is going into effect from Visa/Mastercard and all of a sudden, our terminal is outdated and needs to be updated. The 'only' way to update is by signing a terminal lease from them. It just sounds fishy!

I just want to confirm with any experts here if there is a new terminal compliance measure that is going into effect soon? Also, we can't just download/re-program our current terminal, instead of getting a new one? Thanks!

stymiee
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fishy to me, too. I'd ignore them and wait until you get an official notification on your processing statement before doing anything about it.

nelsonkist
New Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get an official notification on your processing statement before doing anything about it.I would like to make it clear that not all processors are charging their merchants for PCI.

sunny34
New Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: http://www.creditcardbest.net Reply with quote

Thanks for the wonderful discussion.I am also running a small scale business and sure this kind of informative topic provides a big help to us.

tyefighter
New Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes your terminal could be out of compliance if it is an older machine. Do NOT lease a terminal, buy one instead. Terminals only cost between $150 and $350 and most companies will let you pay it off your processing. If you lease a terminal it could cost you well into the $1500 to $2500 range after your lease is over. Never ever sign a lease for equipment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Credit Card Terminals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: